La Puente Valley Regional Occupational Program (LPVROP) provides and promotes innovative programs that lead to workforce development and higher education. As a responsive career technical education provider, LPVROP prepares high school students for future success in college or a career. We are committed to helping our students explore career options through hands-on experiences that develop personal, professional and technical skills. Our business partners access these talented students through internships, presentations, and site visits that support skill building and generate future interest in their companies and industry.
La Puente Valley Regional Occupational Program will be the premier provider of high quality career technical education in the San Gabriel Valley.
We believe in…
- Engaging our students in high quality career technical education, which includes applied learning and work-based learning opportunities.
- Promoting confidence, strong work ethics and a respect for diversity through the development of personal and workplace skills.
- Providing high quality career technical education instruction that prepares students to be post-secondary and career ready upon high school graduation.
- Collaborating with our partners, including: districts, industry, post-secondary institutions and community organizations.
- Hiring industry experienced instructors who teach across subjects by integrating classroom instruction with work-based learning opportunities.
- Providing students with a strong support system and a career pathway plan.
La Puente Valley ROP was established in 1970-71 and operates pursuant to a joint powers agreement between Bassett Unified School District, Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, and Rowland Unified School District. The Program serves the career technical education needs of high school students and youth in our partnered school districts by delivering exemplary career technical education opportunities and by engaging business and industry to understand what is needed for their future workforce. LPVROP teachers are credentialed by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, and the Program is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Memberships & Associations